Previously “Diary of a Birding Medic”; “Rugby Birder”; "Bempton Birder”. All views expressed in this blog are my OWN and do not represent the opinions or policies of any organisations or entities whatsoever with whom I have been, am now or will be affiliated. Reference to Bempton Cliffs in NO way promotes the organisation known as RSPB Bempton Cliffs, but rather the FREEdom of the cliffs.

Tuesday 27 August 2024

Visiting My Home Town Of Rugby - 27th August 2024

 

Ashlawn Water Tower

Back in Rugby again for a short time, so time to continue reexploring the town of my birth, my childhood, my formative years and my working life.

This afternoon we walked part of the bridle path that runs from Dunchurch Road to Ashlawn Road. As kids we rode our bikes through here, green fields et.al. How times change! I remember there being fish stock ponds close to Ashlawn Road, property of the Rugby Federation of Anglers (I think), we were forbidden to venture anywhere close! I wonder if they are still present under the expanding concrete development?

At least the Ashlawn Water Tower still exists. I wonder if anyone remembers the charity abseils?

This is new for me, Rugby Free School!

At least nature is still maintaining a foothold. I couldn't help feeling that autumn is not that far away!







Ladybirds





The other side of the leaf


Thank you for looking.

Images taken with Sony RX10 Mk4.