Previously “Diary of a Birding Medic”; “Rugby Birder”; "Bempton Birder”. All views expressed in this blog are my OWN and do not represent the opinions or policies of any organisations or entities whatsoever with whom I have been, am now or will be affiliated. Reference to Bempton Cliffs in NO way promotes the organisation known as RSPB Bempton Cliffs, but rather the FREEdom of the cliffs.

Sunday 11 August 2024

Bempton Garden Moths - 11th August 2024

 

Well camouflaged Willow Beauty Moth 

It has not been a good year for insects, especially butterflies, with few being seen in the garden 😭. I decided to have a look at the moth species visiting overnight, again not a lot but I managed the following. I hope I have identified them correctly (being far from an expert) and I welcome any corrections.

Riband Wave Moth


Silver Y Moth




Common Carpet Moth


Dusky Sallow Moth


? Dark Arches Moth


Willow Beauty Moth


? Shuttle-shaped Dart Moth



Light Brown Apple Moth


Thank you for looking.

All images taken with Sony RX10 Mk4.