Previously “Diary of a Birding Medic”; “Rugby Birder”; "Bempton Birder”. All views expressed in this blog are my OWN and do not represent the opinions or policies of any organisations or entities whatsoever with whom I have been, am now or will be affiliated. Reference to Bempton Cliffs in NO way promotes the organisation known as RSPB Bempton Cliffs, but rather the FREEdom of the cliffs.

Friday 30 August 2024

Draycote Water (Landscapes) - 30th August 2024

 

My first ever visit to Draycote Water was back in 1972, as a fifteen year old studying Geography! It was not long opened to the public and to visit you needed a permit issued by the then Rugby Water Board from their offices in Albert Street. I cycled around without meeting another person. How things have changed! When I lived in Rugby, it was one of my main "birding" sites and I was a regular visitor.

This morning, I was at the gate just as it opened. A feint mist over the water which hardly had a ripple on it, but the sun, nice to see and feel, was a tad bright! I walked from the carpark to the valve tower and back the same route, as apart from landscapes, I wanted to see a particular bird (birds will form a second blog page).
















Thank you for looking.

Images taken with Sony RX10 Mk4.