Previously “Diary of a Birding Medic”; “Rugby Birder”; "Bempton Birder”. All views expressed in this blog are my OWN and do not represent the opinions or policies of any organisations or entities whatsoever with whom I have been, am now or will be affiliated. Reference to Bempton Cliffs in NO way promotes the organisation known as RSPB Bempton Cliffs, but rather the FREEdom of the cliffs.

Tuesday 21 December 2021

Non-crepuscular Walk to Bempton Cliffs - 21st December 2021

 

Micro Habitat

Most readers will know that I favour the crepuscular hours for my walks, but today I had a blood test appointment so I didn't get out until 0930ish. I often get comments about being out later than normal from various sources! I must say that it did feel different and I was also able to chat with some volunteers on the cliffs that I would not normally see. Of late, the coast has been swathed in fog and/or thick dark cloud. This morning, a few gaps of brightness and even some sunshine appeared! 

The Moon made an appearance, albeit behind thinner cloud

This morning, my attention was drawn to some of the micro habitats, usually passed by






As I arrived on the cliffs, my attention was drawn to the sea, where interesting colours could be seen in the clouds. I'm glad that I was on land!






Bempton Cliffs


It was quiet, bird wise, Fulmars, Shags, Great Black Backed Gull and on land, a pair of Stonechats.

Fulmars





In case anyone was wondering, I am taking an indefinite break from volunteering.


All images taken handheld with Sony RX10 Mk4.


No comments:

Post a Comment