Previously “Diary of a Birding Medic”; “Rugby Birder”; "Bempton Birder”. All views expressed in this blog are my OWN and do not represent the opinions or policies of any organisations or entities whatsoever with whom I have been, am now or will be affiliated. Reference to Bempton Cliffs in NO way promotes the organisation known as RSPB Bempton Cliffs, but rather the FREEdom of the cliffs.

Friday 11 August 2023

East Lea, Filey - 10th August 2023

 

Gadwall

A late (for me) visit to East Lea, Filey (Members of FBOG only), primarily to see Ruff, of which nine had been reported. As a bonus, a Great White Egret was also present. Typical for me, when I arrived, eight of the nine Ruff had disappeared, but I got my tick with the one remaining. The Great White Egret had apparently hidden itself behind the vegetated island and refused to show in the hour I was there! Also present was one Dunlin, two Green Sandpipers and well over one hundred Lapwings. Apologies but some of my images can only be classed as "record" shots!

Ruff





Lapwings





Gadwall




A random sheep


Green Sandpipers and Dunlin


Dunlin


Green Sandpiper


All images taken with Sony RX10 Mk4.


Thank you for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment