Previously “Diary of a Birding Medic”; “Rugby Birder”; "Bempton Birder”. All views expressed in this blog are my OWN and do not represent the opinions or policies of any organisations or entities whatsoever with whom I have been, am now or will be affiliated. Reference to Bempton Cliffs in NO way promotes the organisation known as RSPB Bempton Cliffs, but rather the FREEdom of the cliffs.

Monday 21 March 2011

Swan Lake..............



Not really knowing what I wanted to be (or should be) doing, and not really caring, I decided to have a look in at Napton Reservoir for a change. Occasionally, this small reservoir throws up a good bird, but today was not to be one of those days! Very little was on the water and very little was in the hedgerows! However, I spent a quiet hour in the company of two Mute Swans whose actions were begging to be photographed.











Todays Sightings:

Mallard; Coot; Rook; Wood Pigeon; Mute Swan; Canada Goose; Tufted Duck; Chaffinch; Great Crested Grebe; Skylark; Common Gull; Green Woodpecker; Carrion Crow; Wren; Reed Bunting; Jackdaw; Pheasant; Blue Tit; Magpie; Stock Dove; Great Tit; Blackbird; Cettis Warbler; Moorhen; Shoveler; Robin; Buzzard; Pied Wagtail; Starling; Kestrel.

2 comments:

  1. Nice capture! The swam is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Had it not "performed" I would have had nothing to add to my blog!

    ReplyDelete