Previously “Diary of a Birding Medic”; “Rugby Birder”; "Bempton Birder”. All views expressed in this blog are my OWN and do not represent the opinions or policies of any organisations or entities whatsoever with whom I have been, am now or will be affiliated. Reference to Bempton Cliffs in NO way promotes the organisation known as RSPB Bempton Cliffs, but rather the FREEdom of the cliffs.

Friday 25 March 2011

Stanford Reservoir

Brown Hare


I really couldn't decide where to go this morning so I returned to Stanford Reservoir - one of my boyhood haunts, and somewhere I rarely go now even though it is only a few miles from home. Solitude or what? I was the only person walking the perimeter of this permit only water. The weather was again fantastic and a year tick in the form of a pair of Red Crested Pochards plus several very obliging Brown Hares made for an enjoyable couple of hours. Unfortunately, despite waiting some time, I could not persuade the Hares to "box". I have a feeling that Stanford might become my new "local patch"! A full list of sightings can be found at the end of this post.


Red Crested Pochard




Brown Hare






Todays Sightings:

Wood Pigeon; Wren; Robin; Chiffchaff; Coot; Carrion Crow; Pheasant; Chaffinch; Mallard; Mute Swan; Tufted Duck; Great Crested Grebe; Song Thrush; Grey Lag Goose; Canada Goose; Grey Heron; Cormorant; Dunnock; Rook; Jackdaw; Reed Bunting; Shoveler; Red Crested Pochard; Gadwall; Goldeneye; Green Woodpecker; Skylark; Great Tit; Blackbird; Buzzard; Red Legged Partridge; Sand Martin; Greenfinch; Coal Tit; Linnet; Blue Tit; Kestrel; Stock Dove; Wigeon; Goosander; Black Headed Gull; Pochard; Lapwing; Long Tailed Tit; Willow Tit.

Brown Hare; Muntjac Deer.

2 comments: