Previously “Diary of a Birding Medic”; “Rugby Birder”; "Bempton Birder”. All views expressed in this blog are my OWN and do not represent the opinions or policies of any organisations or entities whatsoever with whom I have been, am now or will be affiliated. Reference to Bempton Cliffs in NO way promotes the organisation known as RSPB Bempton Cliffs, but rather the FREEdom of the cliffs.

Sunday 2 August 2009

Garden Butterflies


Red Admiral chosing to rest on my (washed)
underpants!


Painted Lady


Large White


Painted Lady


Painted Lady


Painted Lady


Painted Lady


Large White & Painted Lady


"Tatty" Peacock

I do not know very much about butterflies so please let me know if I have identified the above incorrectly. With a couple of hours to spare before travelling to Shustoke to view a Canon 100 - 400 lens, and while hanging out the washing, I noticed a number of butterflies on the budlea bush and decided to have a go photographing them.

Could this be the start of a new interest? I have even purchased a book on Moths and Butterflies! We shall see!

Well, having looked at and tested the Canon 100 - 400 lens, I can say that it is absolutely mint. Hopefully it will be in my possession by Tuesday.





2 comments:

  1. I think you have m,ade the right choice with the lens Kevin particularly if you are going to do Butterflies coz it is immposible with the prime unless you stand at the other end of the garden.
    ps - I bought a butterfly book too lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colin - it is a very nice lens. Not sure if I will be taking many butterflies - it is bad enough getting out to take birds! Who knows though................................

    ReplyDelete