Previously “Diary of a Birding Medic”; “Rugby Birder”; "Bempton Birder”. All views expressed in this blog are my OWN and do not represent the opinions or policies of any organisations or entities whatsoever with whom I have been, am now or will be affiliated. Reference to Bempton Cliffs in NO way promotes the organisation known as RSPB Bempton Cliffs, but rather the FREEdom of the cliffs.

Monday 10 January 2022

Didn't we have a lovely time the day we went to [Whitby] - 10th January 2022

 

Whitby Abbey

More milestones in my life! Today is my birthday, but not just any birthday, it's the day I am entitled to claim my state pension and bus pass! Although I took early retirement some eight years ago, I can now call myself a pensioner! To celebrate this milestone, Heather, Symphony and I, spent the day in Whitby, our first visit since the pandemic began. I suppose it was a "touristy" day and what better birthday meal than fish & chips overlooking the harbour! The weather remained rather dull, just like me!

Whitby









Some of the wire metal statues






Those "199" steps!



Whitby Abbey



All images taken handheld with Sony RX10 Mk4.


2 comments:

  1. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Kevin!
    Whitby Fish and Chips would be my choice for birthday lunch. Years ago I remember going to the Magpie Cafe and I judge all Fish and Chips by their high standard. It's a bit too far for us for the day..we are down in Luton. Enjoy your evening. All the best, Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mandy, thank you for your birthday wishes, we had a lovely time in Whitby. I haven't tried the Magpie yet - always big queues! We tend to use a take away on the east side and eat them in the car overlooking the harbour.

    ReplyDelete