Previously “Diary of a Birding Medic”; “Rugby Birder”; "Bempton Birder”. All views expressed in this blog are my OWN and do not represent the opinions or policies of any organisations or entities whatsoever with whom I have been, am now or will be affiliated. Reference to Bempton Cliffs in NO way promotes the organisation known as RSPB Bempton Cliffs, but rather the FREEdom of the cliffs.

Monday 26 September 2011

Cley 24th September 2011

Another walk around Cley Marshes, again in the hope of SOMETHING unusual turning up. Have a look at the following two "sea beasts" pictures and tell me what the difference is...............?



The answer is at the end of this post!

Bird wise, not a lot of change! Marsh Harriers gave distant views, a Blackcap showed at the start of the East Bank path, a Water Rail flew up out of the reeds near Bishops Hide, Cettis Warbler and Bearded Tits were as elusive as ever. The sea held Red Throated Diver, Guillemot, Arctic Skua and Great Crested Grebe. Several Wheatear were in Eye Field.


Grey Heron


Curlew



Goldfinch



Grey Heron


Ruff



Answer to the "sea beast" poser..............

The seals remained in the sea. Unfortunately, the women got out of the water, stripped off their costumes, standing full frontal naked on the beach, in full view of the birders sea watching at the end of East Bank! Traumatised or what?!!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kevin, some great images there as ever. I bet you were traumatised! I bet you've got some shots to share though lol. Actually, looking at the picture of them with their costumes on I don't think I'd like to see them naked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Dave. I agree - not a pretty sight! Even in the water - a bobble hat?!! I took the image as I thought they were mad, but nothing prepared me for what was to happen nest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Dave - No images of the naughty bits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well the things you see a Cley , that scared of the bird life for a while then

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed Andrew - you never know whats around the next corner!

    ReplyDelete