Previously “Diary of a Birding Medic”; “Rugby Birder”; "Bempton Birder”. All views expressed in this blog are my OWN and do not represent the opinions or policies of any organisations or entities whatsoever with whom I have been, am now or will be affiliated. Reference to Bempton Cliffs in NO way promotes the organisation known as RSPB Bempton Cliffs, but rather the FREEdom of the cliffs.

Tuesday 13 September 2011

Black Necked Grebe - Napton Reservoir

My last Black Necked Grebe was in 2008 so it was on my "red list" of birds I was keen to see. A chance look on Twitter saw a tweet by Keith Yates informing that one was present at Napton Reservoir. Unfortunately, due to circumstances, I could not visit until nearly 1900 this evening, hoping that it would still be around. Meeting Keith on the bank, the bird was located in the distant reed bed and when it came into the open, chose to dive regularly! A difficult bird to observe but it is ticked!

Then, just as the light was fading, a Hobby presented itself over thew water.

1 comment:

  1. I was luckier on wednesday morning Kevin when it came close to the bridge but the sun was right in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete