Previously “Diary of a Birding Medic”; “Rugby Birder”; "Bempton Birder”. All views expressed in this blog are my OWN and do not represent the opinions or policies of any organisations or entities whatsoever with whom I have been, am now or will be affiliated. Reference to Bempton Cliffs in NO way promotes the organisation known as RSPB Bempton Cliffs, but rather the FREEdom of the cliffs.

Wednesday 19 March 2014

Swift Valley Nature Reserve, Rugby

Nuthatch

Being a poor pensioner, my birding is now restricted to the local reserves that I have neglected over the years! One such reserve is Swift Valley, a real gem that is well looked after by Chris, Neville and their loyal group of volunteers. The efforts put in here are a credit to the team and I really must muck in and lend a hand! While taking images at the feeders, Neville crept up on me, causing me to enter orbit! He was about to replenish the feeders so I gave a hand, regretting getting down low as my knees almost gave way, making getting up a little awkward! A good couple of hours were spent here with some good birds coming into camera range.

Marsh Tit



Coal Tit





Long Tailed Tit






Nuthatch









Wren


Robin



Great Tit



Chaffinch



Reed Bunting



Blue Tit



2 comments:

  1. You'll need something to keep you out of mischief then Kevin. Never been to Swift Valley so will watch with interest your volunteering efforts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Early days Di! I'm not good at manual work, but happy to follow instructions! Swift Valley is a WWT reserve with similar birds to those at Cathiron.

    ReplyDelete