Previously “Diary of a Birding Medic”; “Rugby Birder”; "Bempton Birder”. All views expressed in this blog are my OWN and do not represent the opinions or policies of any organisations or entities whatsoever with whom I have been, am now or will be affiliated. Reference to Bempton Cliffs in NO way promotes the organisation known as RSPB Bempton Cliffs, but rather the FREEdom of the cliffs.

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Osprey at Pitsford Reservoir


After spending the morning at Brandon Marsh, I headed over to the Dam at Pitsford Reservoir, to touch base with Red Necked Grebe, a bird that I had not recorded for three years! While enjoying the Grebe, near the valve tower, attention was drawn to a low flying Osprey. Unfortunately, the Osprey did not feel the need for lunch and carried on, harassed by the local Corvids! Spookily, while watching the Osprey, I received a text from John J alerting me to an Osprey at Draycote Water!













2 comments: