Previously “Diary of a Birding Medic”; “Rugby Birder”; "Bempton Birder”. All views expressed in this blog are my OWN and do not represent the opinions or policies of any organisations or entities whatsoever with whom I have been, am now or will be affiliated. Reference to Bempton Cliffs in NO way promotes the organisation known as RSPB Bempton Cliffs, but rather the FREEdom of the cliffs.

Saturday 4 June 2011

Hoopoe - South Kilworth, Leics 4th June 2011


Hoopoe has been on my wanted list since I started birdwatching over forty five years ago! Having arrived home from Northumberland this afternoon, the news that one was present in the village of South Kilworth was too good to miss! Off I went in the hope that it would stay long enough for a life tick. The bird was indeed present, but was giving everyone a good run around and remained distant. I offer my record shots in celebration of my life tick!




4 comments:

  1. Excellent 'record' shots, Kevin. Its over 60 years since I last saw one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Mike - I was well pleased to see this (lifer) local bird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Kevin with the Hoopoe.Cracking birds.I got some distant shots of the one at Clayhanger last year.Did you go for that one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers, Max. I missed the Clayhanger bird so this was my first. It was giving everyone a right runaround! I'd only just got home from Northumberland, so going for this bird was a bit of a rush.

    ReplyDelete