Previously “Diary of a Birding Medic”; “Rugby Birder”; "Bempton Birder”. All views expressed in this blog are my OWN and do not represent the opinions or policies of any organisations or entities whatsoever with whom I have been, am now or will be affiliated. Reference to Bempton Cliffs in NO way promotes the organisation known as RSPB Bempton Cliffs, but rather the FREEdom of the cliffs.

Thursday 3 April 2014

Daventry Country Park

Snow Bunting

Sitting at home enjoying my second hobby of procrastination, I idly went on line to check the RBA news (I no longer receive alerts), to discover a Snow Bunting was showing well at Daventry Country Park, Northants, only ten miles from home! I had to go, as this would be my first Snow Bunting in two years! In my rush to get going, I left my mobile at home and half way to Daventry, realised I had no money for the car park! On arrival at Daventry, very few cars were in the car park, so I parked close to the end and legged to the dam where I could see three birders standing. This was to be a quick visit as I did not want to attract a parking fine! The Snow Bunting was showing well, but below brambles on the dam and seemed unconcerned at our presence. Images were soon obtained before interest was turned to a Little Gull (again my first in two yearsand a leucistic Black Headed Gull. I could not risk staying more than half an hour, fearing a parking ticket which would have made it a very expensive alternative to procrastination! I was lucky!

Snow Bunting





Little Gull







Leucistic Black Headed Gull





....and now back to procrastinating! Manana!!

4 comments:

  1. Love those Snow Bunting shots Kevin, we usually see them at Donna Nook when we visit the seals but we didn't go this year because they had extreme weather problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great birds Kevin.
    Those Snow Bunting shots are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Keith. Just wish I could have spent more time on site.

    ReplyDelete