Previously “Diary of a Birding Medic”; “Rugby Birder”; "Bempton Birder”. All views expressed in this blog are my OWN and do not represent the opinions or policies of any organisations or entities whatsoever with whom I have been, am now or will be affiliated. Reference to Bempton Cliffs in NO way promotes the organisation known as RSPB Bempton Cliffs, but rather the FREEdom of the cliffs.

Thursday 10 April 2014

Brandon Marsh

Jay

A very quick visit to Brandon Marsh this morning, hoping to touch base with the recently reported Lesser Spotted Woodpeckers. My destination was Horsetail Glade and it was not long before a call was heard and the female bird was spotted high up in the tree canopy. Unfortunately, it did not come any closer in the time I had available, so I had to be content with a couple of record shots!

Lesser Spotted Woodpecker





While waiting and hoping, an obliging Jay appeared and a Wren busily gathered nesting material.

Wren




Jay



No comments:

Post a Comment