Previously “Diary of a Birding Medic”; “Rugby Birder”; "Bempton Birder”. All views expressed in this blog are my OWN and do not represent the opinions or policies of any organisations or entities whatsoever with whom I have been, am now or will be affiliated. Reference to Bempton Cliffs in NO way promotes the organisation known as RSPB Bempton Cliffs, but rather the FREEdom of the cliffs.

Sunday 20 February 2011

Waxwings - Coventry

Yet another dark, dismal, dreary, dull and drizzley day and what better spot to enjoy it, than a street corner by a bus stop in Coventry! To be precise, the junction of Clifford Bridge Road and Belgrave Road by the traffic lights. Why? Well a large number of Waxwings have chosen this spot to strip berries and at least 70 were there from 0830 this morning. Unfortunately, the light was again poor bloody awful needing ISO 1600 to take pics achieving a speed of 80! This is not to the liking of myself or my camera so 200 images were binned! The Waxwings were very flighty and retreated to the surrounding tall trees before going completely AWOL. Lurking on street corners in Coventry is not my forte so I headed back home.

On my way home, I called in on my parents in Bilton where my first Blackcap (male) of the year was seen.

2 comments:

  1. Kevin I had the same problem with the Waxwings that were in Shirley Sunday morning.It was so gloomy that my shots were dreadful.Why is it so gloomy every day lately?

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the moment, Max, its because I'm off work and the forecast is the same till Thursday! Thursday will see an improvement because I go back to work! At the moment, I really cannot be bothered to do anything.

    ReplyDelete