Previously “Diary of a Birding Medic”; “Rugby Birder”; "Bempton Birder”. All views expressed in this blog are my OWN and do not represent the opinions or policies of any organisations or entities whatsoever with whom I have been, am now or will be affiliated. Reference to Bempton Cliffs in NO way promotes the organisation known as RSPB Bempton Cliffs, but rather the FREEdom of the cliffs.

Monday 25 April 2016

Great Grey Shrike @ Bempton Village

Great Grey Shrike & Goldfinch

Sitting at home, I get a message of a Great grey Shrike being located on Cliff Lane Bempton, near the chalet park. As it was only half a mile away, I decided to go and take a look at what would be a two year tick. It did not look good when I met Keith B and another birder searching the hedgerows on Cliff Lane. The bird had flown and and could be anywhere! I told them I was going to have a look around Green lane and was joined by Keith but again no luck. Then, as we were about to give up, I noticed a bird being mobbed by several Goldfinch and Greenfinch. It was the Shrike, in a tree in someone's garden - what a garden tick! Luckily, I had my camera to hand and managed a few quick record shots before the Shrike again disappeared.



1 comment:

  1. Well done Kevin. I had one close to me 10 days ago but I missed it.

    ReplyDelete