Previously “Diary of a Birding Medic”; “Rugby Birder”; "Bempton Birder”. All views expressed in this blog are my OWN and do not represent the opinions or policies of any organisations or entities whatsoever with whom I have been, am now or will be affiliated. Reference to Bempton Cliffs in NO way promotes the organisation known as RSPB Bempton Cliffs, but rather the FREEdom of the cliffs.

Sunday 16 September 2012

Common Woodland Birds in the Scottish Forests

 
 
My main aim in the woodlands were Crested Tit and Crossbill species. I managed a view of Crested Tit (life tick) but Crossbill is still my "bogey bird"!
 
 
Siskin
 




 
 
Coal Tit
 

 

Chaffinch


Greenfinch



Great Spotted Woodpecker




2 comments:

  1. Bogey birds can be a pain. The Hawfinch is mine. Can I recommend Fineshade woods can be productive for Crossbills

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not when i've been there! This year every time I go to a "guaranteed" site I dip! Might give Fineshade a go later this year. Hawfinch can be seen at Cromford Canal Derby's during the winter.

    ReplyDelete