Previously “Diary of a Birding Medic”; “Rugby Birder”; "Bempton Birder”. All views expressed in this blog are my OWN and do not represent the opinions or policies of any organisations or entities whatsoever with whom I have been, am now or will be affiliated. Reference to Bempton Cliffs in NO way promotes the organisation known as RSPB Bempton Cliffs, but rather the FREEdom of the cliffs.

Thursday 7 July 2011

Spotted Flycatcher - Napton on the Hill Churchyard


I've not really been motivated to travel far so I decided to return to Napton on the Hill churchyard in the hope of improving my images of the Spotted Flycatchers. I was not to be too disappointed, despite the blustery conditions and alternating cloud and sunshine. A chat with the vicars wife informed me that tea and coffee could be obtained inside the church and a book for wildlife sightings is located there also. Future plans also include toilets, the intention is too encourage visitors, particularly those interested in wildlife. Interestingly, Max Silverman's blog picked up one of the Spotted Flycatchers with a black patch below the left eye. This bird was present this morning and some distant images were obtained but I could not get a close up of the patch.







4 comments:

  1. Super shots Kevin.They won't go on the gravestones for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Max. I sat on the bench at the right side of the church and waited. Must say that they were feeding over quite a wide area. By the sound of the calls, I think their young have fledged so more birds may be showing in the next week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos of a super little bird again Kevin. The first one was definitely living up to its name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jan. A lovely "little brown job" to some but an absolute delight as far as i'm concerned! I can watch them for hours. If your in the area, Napton church is well worth a visit and to sit in its lovely churchyard.

    ReplyDelete