Previously “Diary of a Birding Medic”; “Rugby Birder”; "Bempton Birder”. All views expressed in this blog are my OWN and do not represent the opinions or policies of any organisations or entities whatsoever with whom I have been, am now or will be affiliated. Reference to Bempton Cliffs in NO way promotes the organisation known as RSPB Bempton Cliffs, but rather the FREEdom of the cliffs.

Saturday 2 April 2011

Daventry - Borough Hill

With two hours to kill while my daughter, Abigail, had her music sessions in Daventry, I decided to give Borough Hill a visit. The wind was rather challenging but the rain stayed away. As usual, the hill was full of dogs who seemed to be walking their owners - or thats how it seemed as control was apalling. While scanning the hill top for migrants, a loud WOOF behind me almost put me as high as the radio transmitter! The dog was rather large and took no notice of the owners attempts to regain its control. Several more threatening WOOFS instigated a glare from me to the owner hinting at my displeasure. "Its your fault", the owner informed me, "if you had a dog with you she wouldn't approach you, and she's not used to all this silly equipment" (my scope), "can't see the point of looking at grass" and off they marched, the dog getting a treat! I was lost for words!

As usual, Borough Hill was alive to the singing Skylarks and Meadow Pipits with two Wheatears brightening my morning. Unfortunately, none were photographically obliging, so distant record shots were all I could manage, as time was not on my side.

Skylark

Skylark

Wheatear

Todays Sightings:

Dunnock; Collared Dove; Bullfinch; Wood Pigeon; Carrion Crow; Chaffinch; Skylark; Blackbird; Starling; Jackdaw; Magpie; Green Woodpecker; LBB Gull; Pheasant; Rook; Robin; Blue Tit; Greenfinch; Chiffchaff; Wren; Wheatear; Meadow Pipit; Great Tit; Long Tailed Tit; Goldfinch.

No comments:

Post a Comment