Previously “Diary of a Birding Medic”; “Rugby Birder”; "Bempton Birder”. All views expressed in this blog are my OWN and do not represent the opinions or policies of any organisations or entities whatsoever with whom I have been, am now or will be affiliated. Reference to Bempton Cliffs in NO way promotes the organisation known as RSPB Bempton Cliffs, but rather the FREEdom of the cliffs.

Saturday 5 September 2009

Birds in a Bush

Worked an overtime shift today (still paying for my new lens!) and despite a busy morning, managed half an hour in the Rugby St Cross Hospital grounds while on standby.

Just off the hospital approach road is a field used to house cattle with an obvious high bush / small tree in a boundary hedge. I see this hundreds of times in a week but hardly take any notice of it. Today, however, I spotted a number of birds flitting about and paid it a little more attention. Glad I did. It housed a female Blackcap, a Robin feeding two juveniles, but best of all a family of four Spotted Flycatcher's. Certainly made my day.

A check of the same bush later in the afternoon revealed nothing but a Magpie! Then I got a job...................ahh well.......................!!!

1 comment: