Previously “Diary of a Birding Medic”; “Rugby Birder”; "Bempton Birder”. All views expressed in this blog are my OWN and do not represent the opinions or policies of any organisations or entities whatsoever with whom I have been, am now or will be affiliated. Reference to Bempton Cliffs in NO way promotes the organisation known as RSPB Bempton Cliffs, but rather the FREEdom of the cliffs.

Thursday 12 September 2019

Scalby Mills - 12th September 2019

Redshank

A wander from Scalby Mills through the open air theatre and around Peasholme Lake revealed very little in the way of migratory birds, but provided a good walk for myself and Symphony! Most of my time was spent looking at the rocks exposed by low tide and regretted not having my scope!

Redshank, Ringed Plover, Turnstone, Curlew, Bar Tailed Godwit (2), Grey and Pied Wagtail, massing Swallows and House Martins over the Sea Life Centre. As normal for me, the birds were quite distant and my images heavily cropped!

Best birds for me were the two Bar Tailed Godwits, a year tick






Turnstone


Curlew


Ringed Plover



No comments:

Post a Comment